[Mesa-users] glGetColorTableParameterivEXT bottleneck in crosscompiled libgl-gdi on windows

Christian Gerlach cgerlach42 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 23:59:47 PST 2013

Hi,

I have a 3d viewer on windows which supported opengl software rendering as
a fallback. As the windows software renderer only support OpenGL 1.1, I
decided
to give Mesa a try. Cosscompiling libgl-gdi to create the needed
opengl32.dll was quite easy and after copying the dll to the application
folder the viewer started
without any problems and displayed my test scene.
The only issue was, that the performance of the viewer was very poor in
comparison to the opengl software renderer of windows. Just to give you
some numbers:
  Windows GDI: 40 fps
  Mesa: 0.9 fps
I used vtune to profile the viewer which reports that nearly all the time
is spend in glGetColorTableParameterivEXT.

Do you have any clue, if I'm doing anything wrong? I'm wondering about the
use of colortables and I'm very sure, that
I'm not calling this function from my sourcecode.

Any hint would be appreciated.

thanks
Christian