ModemManager using QMI doesnt always work in the first attemp.

José Joseddg92 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 02:04:13 PST 2016

On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 5:34 PM, Aleksander Morgado
<aleksander at aleksander.es> wrote:

> Yes, it should be using the Telit plugin.

I was adding the udev rules for the LE910 in the
77-mm-telit-port-types.rules file when I saw the following comment:

# NOTE: Qualcomm Gobi-based devices like the LE920 should not be handled
# by this plugin, but by the Gobi plugin.

The Telit LE910 is a Gobi based device ('The LE910, based on Qualcomm
Technologies' Gobi™ MDM9215 ...' from
http://www.telit.com/media/press-releases/press-releases/view/item/telit-expands-its-qualcomm-technologies-based-portfolio-with-new-lte-concept-product/)
so I guess it should have been managed by the Gobi plugin.

I am using ModemManager 1.4.12, but I removed the Gobi plugin because
it was not working properly with the Sierra MC7710. So, is the generic
plugin afterall a good candidate for Telit LE910? (in general it works
really well, it is only problematic for this power management issues)

I will also test if the power mode is changing correctly using qmicli
-d /dev/cdc-wdm1 --dms-get-operating-mode and qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm1
--dms-set-operating-mode when I have the modem available.