ModemManager using QMI doesnt always work in the first attemp.

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Wed Jan 20 02:32:55 PST 2016

Hey,

>> Yes, it should be using the Telit plugin.
>>

> I was adding the udev rules for the LE910 in the
> 77-mm-telit-port-types.rules file when I saw the following comment:
>
> # NOTE: Qualcomm Gobi-based devices like the LE920 should not be handled
> # by this plugin, but by the Gobi plugin.
>
> The Telit LE910 is a Gobi based device ('The LE910, based on Qualcomm
> Technologies' Gobiā„¢ MDM9215 ...' from
> http://www.telit.com/media/press-releases/press-releases/view/item/telit-expands-its-qualcomm-technologies-based-portfolio-with-new-lte-concept-product/)
> so I guess it should have been managed by the Gobi plugin.

In git master, that would be the Telit plugin itself managing the QMI
modem, that's what I was suggesting. In 1.4.12, yeah, could be the
Gobi plugin or directly the Generic one which both have QMI support.

> I am using ModemManager 1.4.12, but I removed the Gobi plugin because
> it was not working properly with the Sierra MC7710. So, is the generic
> plugin afterall a good candidate for Telit LE910? (in general it works
> really well, it is only problematic for this power management issues)

As long as the plugin managing the modem is a QMI based one, yes, you're good.

> I will also test if the power mode is changing correctly using qmicli
> -d /dev/cdc-wdm1 --dms-get-operating-mode and qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm1
> --dms-set-operating-mode when I have the modem available.

Actually, why don't you try to get the modem fully connected manually
with qmicli or qmi-network and see if you still see the same issues
when ModemManager's logic is not around?