Huawei ME906s does not connect

Andreas Fett a.fett at gmx.de
Wed Jun 29 20:33:39 UTC 2016

Hi Philipp,

On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 10:01:42PM +0200, Philipp Hagemeister wrote:
> Just to be certain, I have most definitly attempted a connection here
> (after /sys/bus/usb/devices/1-5/bConfigurationValue = 3, i.e. MBIM):
As Bjørn said, the trick is to unconditionally switch first to 0, wait
a little while (3 sec worked for us) and then switch back to 3. This
leads to some kind of internal modem reset after which a connect via
mbim works fine.

For any other case we where seeing the same timeouts that are showing
up in your logs.

To get actual traffic through the ndp_to_end setting is needed, too.
For us this works for the me906s in various models of the
skylake based ThinkPad series.

This was tested however only with kernel versions 4.4 upwards
(for which it all seemed to work).

Andreas

--
The three chief virtues of a programmer are:
Laziness, Impatience and Hubris. -- Larry Wall