[URGENT] Regressions in latest QMI-related packages

Schroer, Jens Peter jens.schroer at scypho.com
Mon Oct 17 06:17:31 UTC 2016

Ajay,

Judging by your comments you are running a Debian based Linux distro
using apt to install packages?
If so, make install will not replace the installed package or update the
package database.
It will only copy the binaries to the different locations, and you might
get version mismatches in worst case.

Try the following:

a) You need to remove the original packages first.
sudo apt-get remove --purge packagename

So on my ubuntu it would be (the packages names might be different for
you depending on your distro):
sudo apt-get remove --purge libqmi-glib1
sudo apt-get remove --purge libqmi-glib-dev
sudo apt-get remove --purge libmbim-glib4
sudo apt-get remove --purge libmbim-glib-dev
sudo apt-get remove --purge libmm-glib0
sudo apt-get remove --purge libmm-glib-dev
sudo apt-get remove --purge modemmanager-dev

Note: as you overwrote some files, above operations might give you
errors, as the checksums do not match anymore.
If so, look here if any of this works:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/438345/how-to-remove-install-a-package-that-is-not-fully-installed

b) After all packages are removed, install everything clean from the
sources again.
As you might have had installed the old dev packages, I would suggest,
do a make clean in each of the source
directories followed by the make install.
I do not know if there are build time dependencies between the
libraries. If so, you will have to rebuild in a certain order
to match those dependencies.

After that, you might need to rebuild the library cache
sudo ldconfig

c) Try again :)

Hope it helps
Jens