[URGENT] Regressions in latest QMI-related packages

Ajay Garg ajaygargnsit at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 06:29:21 UTC 2016

Thanks Jens for the help.

Jens, if I may request, could you instead let me know how to generate
proper rpms from the sources in this case?
That will be a cleaner way, and might help others too who might need these
updated packages as rpms.

Just a pointer to the link explaining how to generate the deb files from
modmemanager/libqmi/libmbim source-files will help :)

On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 11:47 AM, Schroer, Jens Peter <
jens.schroer at scypho.com> wrote:

> [...]
>
> Try the following:
>
> a) You need to remove the original packages first.
> sudo apt-get remove --purge packagename
>
> So on my ubuntu it would be (the packages names might be different for you
> depending on your distro):
> sudo apt-get remove --purge libqmi-glib1
> sudo apt-get remove --purge libqmi-glib-dev
> sudo apt-get remove --purge libmbim-glib4
> sudo apt-get remove --purge libmbim-glib-dev
> sudo apt-get remove --purge libmm-glib0
> sudo apt-get remove --purge libmm-glib-dev
> sudo apt-get remove --purge modemmanager-dev
>
> Note: as you overwrote some files, above operations might give you errors,
> as the checksums do not match anymore.
> If so, look here if any of this works:
> http://askubuntu.com/questions/438345/how-to-remove-install-
> a-package-that-is-not-fully-installed
>
> b) After all packages are removed, install everything clean from the
> sources again.
> As you might have had installed the old dev packages, I would suggest, do
> a make clean in each of the source
> directories followed by the make install.
> I do not know if there are build time dependencies between the libraries.
> If so, you will have to rebuild in a certain order
> to match those dependencies.
>
> After that, you might need to rebuild the library cache
> sudo ldconfig
>
> c) Try again :)
>
> Hope it helps
> Jens
>

> On 2016-10-17 05:13, Ajay Garg wrote:
>
>> Thanks Aleksander for your continuous help.
>>
>> We finally received the antenna, but the modem still shows the same
>> behaviour as before ("operation not supported" behaviours).
>>
>> So, I proceeded to gather the debug-logs.
>>
>> a)
>> I followed the following steps for each of libmbim, libqmi and
>> ModemManager sources that you provided ::
>>
>> ./CONFIGURE --PREFIX=/USR
>> MAKE
>> SUDO MAKE INSTALL
>>
>> After this, DPKG -L show the same versions as before, but MODEMMANAGER
>> --VERSION at least shows 1.6.2
>> So, I guess the installations went fine functionally.
>>
>> b)
>>
>> I enabled the debug-logs for ModemManager, but somehow the
>> NetworkManager could not be started properly as per the link
>> https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/ModemManager/Debugging/
>>
>> Please find the debug-logs-file for ModemManager attached, plus the
>> attempt-logs for starting NetworkManager as per the link.
>>
>> Kindly let know what is the issue, and what steps I need to follow
>> next to nail the issue.
>>
>> Once again, many thanks for your prompt responses.
>>
>> Thanks and Regards,
>> Ajay
>>
>> On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 4:13 PM, Aleksander Morgado
>> <aleksander at aleksander.es> wrote:

>>> libqmi etc.

>>> There isn't any official binary build of the latest stable versions
>>> for Ubuntu 14.04; you should get the source tarballs and build them
>>> yourself:
>>> https://www.freedesktop.org/software/libmbim/libmbim-1.14.0.tar.xz
>>> [1]
>>> https://www.freedesktop.org/software/libqmi/libqmi-1.16.0.tar.xz [2]