[URGENT] Regressions in latest QMI-related packages

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Mon Oct 17 14:56:21 UTC 2016

On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 5:13 AM, Ajay Garg <ajaygargnsit at gmail.com> wrote:

> Please find the debug-logs-file for ModemManager attached, plus the
> attempt-logs for starting NetworkManager as per the link.
>

> Kindly let know what is the issue, and what steps I need to follow next to
> nail the issue.

Something's wrong somewhere.

Did you by any chance try to switch the MC8090 to QMI mode? (from an
older email from you,
https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/modemmanager-devel/2016-August/003334.html).
The device is exposing a /dev/cdc-wdm port, but which doesn't respond
at all, so the Sierra plugin (which does QMI) ends up falling back to
the AT-only generic modem, and the generic modem doesn't know how to
manage sierra-specific allowed modes (e.g. switching to 2G-only).

I have never seen any of the MC8090 modems being driven in QMI so I'm
assuming this is not the right approach. I'd suggest you fallback
again to "Direct IP" mode, which is what the modem supports (i.e. AT
commands and a WWAN interface) and then you should see the "Sierra
legacy" plugin driving the modem.