Code Review, Upstream & Certifications

matthew stanger stangerm2 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 16:00:40 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

I haven't heard back from anyone on the patch I submitted on 9/6. I'm not
trying to be pushy, I know everyone here is a volunteer and has their own
lives :) but I'm really eager to get feedback on the code. Our engineering
team at Trimble will be using MM and the patches for a new product. With
that, will will be actively involved with developing and maintaining MM
over the next few years. I'd like to keep us from forking from the upstream
repo too far so we can easily keep supporting this awesome project in the
future.

In addition to the above we will be getting our repo of MM certified by
AT&T and Verizon labs - possibly more. We're hoping that basically a
repo-hash of MM & NetworkManager(possibly) will then be a known
certification passing point, for major cell carriers, to all. I'm not sure
of the value of this to the community, as I think many people use MM as
consumers, but want to mention it as it could possibly be huge monetary
savings to some.

With that being said please keep me posted on what Trimble can do to help
out this project and what we need to do to for our patches to get them
upstream eventually. Of course no rush on any of this I just want to make
sure we are staying connected :)

Thanks,
Matt