Fwd: MC7455 in X220 with ModemManager 1.6.4

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Wed Jun 7 19:38:07 UTC 2017

Dominik Strnad <litinoveweedle at gmail.com> writes:

>> Oh, hum. See, there you may have a problem. When we query the "operating
>> mode" from the device, it is telling us that it is in "low-power" mode due
>> to "hardware restricted mode". Maybe you do need to play with the rfkill
>> pins as well?
>>

> I can test that, but strange is, that WWAN card is not listed in "rfkill
> list all" listings which is strange.... But I will double check this. and
> also I can isolate PIN 20. But how I could validate, that low power mode is
> because of external hw rfkill signal?

Don't know if this is relevant, but I seem to remember similar problems
on my X301 when switching modems.  IIRC the BIOS cached whether or not a
modem was installed, and I had to reset this somehow after installing a
new modem to get rfkill working again.  My memory is a bit hazy as
always, but I *think* I simply did a "load BIOS defaults" or whatever it
was called in the BIOS setup.

Might be worth a try before messing with the pin.

Bjørn