PDP specific carriers

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Fri Nov 3 20:19:09 UTC 2017

> You did the out-of-band patch for specifying PDP context in the bearer to
> satisfy Verizon requirements and we didn't end up getting that stuff back
> upstream since it seemed really too specific for general MM use. We just got
> info back that major Japaneses carriers, NTT DOCOMO & Softbank, also have
> the same deal and won't do 4G connections on PDP's other than 1. I was
> wondering if the patch you did for us might be of greater value now knowing
> that its not just Verizon? Do you have any thoughts or care's on this?

No new thoughts yet, although that new information is useful. The idea
was that MM should have APIs to let the user configure the PDP
contexts independently, and then say e.g. use this PDP context for
connecting bearer X. I haven't investigated how to do this API,
though, as among other things we would need to sync that development
with the idea of having "autoconnected bearers".

This could be a good new target development for the next dev series,
1.9.x, once 1.8 is out. Sadly I have less and less free time every
day, so it's hard to keep up with everything... :/ Help would be much
appreciated :)