modemmanager/qmicli openwrt feed update

Nick B nickberry17 at icloud.com
Mon Sep 9 12:32:03 UTC 2019

Hey everyone!

The final missing piece before a merge might be making sure the scripts pass Shellcheck, which, if you don’t know, ensures the script is POSIX compliant.  I have started on that work in my Shellcheck branch linked below.  If anyone would like to test, I think the modemmanager.common file is done, but modemmanager.proto might be ready tomorrow.  I could only test it on OpenWrt, which uses the Almquist shell.  Tested by stopping/starting MM, rebooting, debug mode, and reading the logread output.

Code
https://github.com/nickberry17/packages-1/tree/shellcheck/net/modemmanager/files <https://github.com/nickberry17/packages-1/tree/shellcheck/net/modemmanager/files>

A couple of questions:

Does this variable need to be used by another file?
In modemmanager.common line 14:
MODEMMANAGER_PID_FILE="${MODEMMANAGER_RUNDIR}/modemmanager.pid"
^-- SC2034: MODEMMANAGER_PID_FILE appears unused. Verify it or export it.

Is the expected behaviour to only apply permissions on the deepest directory?  25-modemmanager-tty has the same.
In 25-modemmanager-net line 12:
mkdir -m 0755 -p "${MODEMMANAGER_RUNDIR}"
      ^-- SC2174: When used with -p, -m only applies to the deepest directory.

Best,
Nick