[RFC] Exposing profiles (provisioned contexts) in the API

Eric Caruso ejcaruso at google.com
Tue Jan 12 14:43:29 UTC 2021

Hi all,

I picked the single property for the initial implementation so that MM
would notify consumers when the profiles list changed via OTA update.
If we are moving to a D-Bus method to list them instead, then we
should preserve this behavior somewhere else (i.e. a separate signal).
Chrome OS should be able to handle OTA updates properly as long as we
have that.

Regarding the "set option" I had also specified D-Bus methods for some
other operations (create, modify, delete; creating a bearer from a
profile) but these were never implemented as the modem I was using had
a firmware bug that caused issues when I was testing it. After that I
was pulled away for other work and unfortunately never got to pick
this back up.

-Eric