Default bearer

Sven Schwermer sven at svenschwermer.de
Thu Nov 25 13:55:32 UTC 2021

Hi,

How does ModemManager handle default bearers that connect automatically? Specifically, I’m working with a Quectel BG95 that automatically connects on PDP context #1. How would this work best with the ModemManager state machine? I’m not sure if the 3gpp profile manager is compatible because that will always try to disconnect the connected bearer which the modem doesn’t seem to like. It responds with error 30 (plus +CGEV: PDN DEACT1) after AT+CGACT=0,1 followed by AT+CGACT=1,1.

I have tried setting up a connection on a second PDP context, but that fails as well with error 100.

Best regards
Sven