Default bearer

Ulrich Mohr u.mohr at semex-engcon.com
Thu Nov 25 14:22:34 UTC 2021

Hi Sven,

I just had the same issue on a Toby-L2 (ublox modem), where the default
bearer always connects on PDP context #4, and does not allow to
disconnect this bearer. As in your case, setting up a secondary context
may fail (depending on network policy, in my case)

The ublox plugin handles this by ignoring the error message from the
modem and pretends that the disconnect process succeeded. With this
mechanism, MM manages to set up a connection (this is already in MM main
line). So the state machine seems capable of handle that case.

I then had to make sure that the already connected bearer is selected
when it matches the requested APN. I think you may omit this step since
MM searches for a matching context in ID order, so PDP context #1 will
be selected first anyway (in opposite to my case, where another context
may be probed first and get selected).

My implementation is not yet completely reviewed and has to be merged
back into the main branch of MM. But you can preview the changes here:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/umohr/ModemManager/-/tree/main

Perhaps that may help you on your own implementation,

Best regards,

Uli

--
Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Salutations distinguées

Ulrich Mohr

SEMEX-EngCon GmbH
Carl-Merz-Strass 26
76275 Ettlingen