Suggestion: for WPA2 Enterprise with EAP-PEAP, nm-applet should not force require a CA certificate

Joseph Marchand j.allen.marchand at outlook.com
Wed Jan 17 07:34:51 UTC 2024

My campus school wifi is authenticated with WPA2 Enterprise with EAP-PEAP. To connect to this network, no CA certificate is needed, but the connection dialog requires one to be selected.
To connect, I have to choose an arbitrary certificate file, then edit the nmconnection file to remove the certificate,  use dconf-editor to set ignore-phase2-ca-cert=false and ignore-ca-cert=true for the connection, and finally reboot. These workarounds could all be avoided if the nm-applet dialog allowed no certificate file to be selected. My school wifi is not a unique edge-case either, as a similar question was asked here: https://askubuntu.com/questions/949009/network-manager-wifi-config-with-no-ca-certificate

Is this email list the correct place to make a suggestion? Is there a more suitable place to make the request?