[Nice] Fwd: compatibility with rfc5766-turn-server

Chunfeng Zhang crazypandar at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 03:22:06 PDT 2013

Hi Youness:

Thanks for your help.

The "rfc5766-turn-server" not only supports turn but also supports stun
protocol(RFC 3489, RFC 5389, RFC 5769, RFC 5780).

I digged into this problem today, and here is the log from simple-example
in libnice.

./simple-example 0 172.21.15.98
Using stun server '[172.21.15.98]:3478'
SIGNAL: state changed 1 1 gathering[1]
waiting for candidate-gathering-done signal...
STUN demux error: no cookie!
STUN transaction retransmitted (timeout 398ms).
STUN demux error: no cookie!
STUN transaction retransmitted (timeout 797ms).
STUN demux error: no cookie!
STUN transaction retransmitted (timeout 1591ms).
STUN demux error: no cookie!
SIGNAL candidate gathering done
Copy this line to remote client:

I89H y6VOBDzHRITkZ4rhYRsMSx 1,2013266431,172.21.15.118,57086,host

And I captured all the packets , see the attachment. Looking into the
packets, server replayed all stun requests, but libnice said timeouts for 3
times.

I will do more to find out the problem.