[Openchrome-devel] Openchrome status

Gabriel Mansi gabriel.mansi
Mon Feb 25 08:31:27 PST 2008

On Fri, 2008-02-22 at 00:03 +0100, Benno Schulenberg wrote:

> > > it would be nice to have the gamma regression fixed first.
> >
> > Sure, awaiting Gabriel comments on this.
>
> Gabriel, why is ViaGammaDisable() called during VIARestore()?  Or
> alternaticely, why is it not reenabled later on?

ViaGammaDisable is called because it avoids a lock up when the registers
are restored, it is only needed when gamma was enabled on secondary.
VIARestore restores the crt and sequencer registers including the gamma
ones, so Gamma is re-enabled again.
I am working now to add randr support, so I will review those functions.

Regards,
Gabriel.