[Openchrome-devel] Coordinating some changes

Thomas Hellström thomas
Sat Apr 18 14:54:14 PDT 2009

Robert Bridge wrote:
> Thomas Hellstr?m wrote:
>
>> I'm also a bit curious about what's behind the VIANamedFunction formatting?
>> Both the openChrome coding style (as documented on the wiki) and the
>> Xorg coding style calls for
>> viaFunctionName?
>>

> As I understand it, inconsistency has crept in to the naming patterns,
> and when it was suggested to settle on a single one and change the tree
> to match it, Bruce Chang of Via specifically indicated a preference for
> VIANameingPattern.
>
> As there were no dissenting voices (on the list) at the time, I thing
> Jon decided to go with that.
>
> Cheers,
> Rob.

OK.
I think most of the inconsistencies crept in after it was decided to go
for the Xorg coding style for new code.

Anyway, I don't have a strong preference for which naming should be
used, although I think that if Xorg and openChrome has a documented
coding style we should keep to it.

However, new development and coding style fixups should IMHO be kept
strictly separate.

/Thomas