[Openchrome-devel] Coordinating some changes

Jon Nettleton jon.nettleton
Sun Apr 19 10:38:20 PDT 2009

On Sat, 2009-04-18 at 23:54 +0200, Thomas Hellstr?m wrote:
> Robert Bridge wrote:
> > Thomas Hellstr?m wrote:
> >
> >> I'm also a bit curious about what's behind the VIANamedFunction formatting?
> >> Both the openChrome coding style (as documented on the wiki) and the
> >> Xorg coding style calls for
> >> viaFunctionName?
> >>

> > As I understand it, inconsistency has crept in to the naming patterns,
> > and when it was suggested to settle on a single one and change the tree
> > to match it, Bruce Chang of Via specifically indicated a preference for
> > VIANameingPattern.
> >
> > As there were no dissenting voices (on the list) at the time, I thing
> > Jon decided to go with that.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Rob.
> >
> OK.
> I think most of the inconsistencies crept in after it was decided to go
> for the Xorg coding style for new code.
>
> Anyway, I don't have a strong preference for which naming should be
> used, although I think that if Xorg and openChrome has a documented
> coding style we should keep to it.
>
> However, new development and coding style fixups should IMHO be kept
> strictly separate.

I don't personally have a preference either.  My main aim was to just
get us using one standard.  If we can all agree on something we have
some new developers that have offered their services in doing the grunt
work of standardizing the code base.  Let's use this opportunity to make
a decision and get this issued resolved once and for all.

Jon