[Openchrome-devel] Vs: Can we switch openChrome code to git repository?

Luc Verhaegen libv
Fri Aug 21 02:10:39 PDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 08:52:56AM +0200, Epia Owner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Quite quiet on the list... maybe people are on vacation.
>
> Git, yes please!
>
> For those not familiar with git, here is a Google Tech talk video
> about Git:
>  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dhZ9BXQgc4
> >Hi,
> >
> >I'm quite frustrated after some time of using openChrome's svn
> >repository. It's hard to work on branches, hard to prepare multiple
> >patches, hard to watch changes and probably we could point much more
> >"hards".
> >
> >So my question is could we switch to git repository with cgit web
> >interface like projects hosted on freedesktop?
> >
> >Of couse I would like to see whole openChrome svn repository imported
> >into new git repo, so we don't loose history and branches.

Coreboot is not using git, it uses svn. Yet, i am working with git on
the coreboot repos.

Git-svn does work quite well. Check it out, you'll notice that it suits
most of your needs.

But sadly, some things are not supported by svn, like separate
author/commiter tracking and such, so that information gets lost
completely.

Luc Verhaegen.