[Openchrome-devel] Fwd: Can we switch openChrome code to git repository?

Rafał Miłecki zajec5
Sat Aug 22 00:10:38 PDT 2009

---------- Wiadomo?? przekazana dalej ----------
Od: Jon Nettleton <jon.nettleton at gmail.com>
Data: 20 sierpnia 2009 17:31
Temat: Re: [Openchrome-devel] Can we switch openChrome code to git repository?
Do: Rafa? Mi?ecki <zajec5 at gmail.com>

2009/8/20 Rafa? Mi?ecki <zajec5 at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I'm quite frustrated after some time of using openChrome's svn
> repository. It's hard to work on branches, hard to prepare multiple
> patches, hard to watch changes and probably we could point much more
> "hards".
>
> So my question is could we switch to git repository with cgit web
> interface like projects hosted on freedesktop?
>
> Of couse I would like to see whole openChrome svn repository imported
> into new git repo, so we don't loose history and branches.
>
> --
> Rafa? Mi?ecki

Hey Rafael,

We talked about this some months ago on the openchrome-devel mailing
list and decided it was not worth it to make the change. ?Switching to
git requires changing and updating track and various other things.
You are free to use git--svn to mirror a local git repository that you
can work off of.

Hope that helps,

Jon