[Openchrome-devel] VX855 & viaInitVideo()

Daniel Drake dsd
Mon Jul 13 05:18:00 PDT 2009

On Sun, 2009-07-12 at 15:04 +0200, Xavier Bachelot wrote:
> Ah, yes, indeed. Xv should be fine though.

I had missed that.
OK, so it doesn't work.

"gst-launch videotestsrc ! xvimagesink" opens up the gstreamer window as
expected, it gets painted fully green, then the system immediately
hangs. I can SSH in but the display is totally frozen.

2 new log messages appear in Xorg.0.log at the point of hang:
	Freed 0 (pool 0)
	Freed 0 (pool 0)

> Actually, I'm holding off applying all the VX855 patches until someone
> more knowledgeable than me look at the PLL genaration changes.
>
> However, VX855 support is already in Fedora, so I'll apply this patch
> there soon. Afaik, the only missing bit for the XO-1.5 is a panel patch
> Chris talked to me about. Maybe you can remind him, or even send me the
> patch directly.

At the moment we're running with our own patch which is a little
different to yours, so I could not immediately figure out how to "merge"
the 2 or extract the panel parts. If you're interested, you can find it
in here:
http://dev.laptop.org/~dsd/xo1.5-rpms/xorg-x11-drv-openchrome-0.2.903-11.fc11.1.src.rpm

Hopefully we will find some time to work on this situation, but we have
bigger issues to work on right now..

Daniel