[Openchrome-devel] Status of new openChrome stuff

Rafał Miłecki zajec5
Tue Jul 21 14:52:21 PDT 2009

Hi,

W dniu 4 czerwca 2009 10:15 u?ytkownik Thomas Hellstr?m
<thomas at shipmail.org> napisa?:
> Rafa? Mi?ecki wrote:
>> Last time I tried to compile new openChrome stuff from all these magic
>> branches it failed for me[1].
>>
>> Do you still work on that mesa/drm/libwsbm/ddx things? Or is your work
>> abonded and won't be continued? Would be very bad. If you still work
>> on this, do you plan to merge everything into mainline repos? Is there
>> still something to do?
>>
>> [1]
>> http://wiki.openchrome.org/pipermail/openchrome-devel/2009-May/000310.html
>>

> Yes, the plan is to continue and get up to date at some point. There's just
> been too much "real" work lately.
>
> There are some other drivers using TTM that will be pushed upstream soonish.
> In order to sync with them I need to make the openChrome user-space
> interface a bit more driver-specific and ditch some device-independent TTM
> code. That's what happening next.

I can see you merged master into openchrome-branch. Does it mean you
plan to merge everything mainline soon? :)

When compiling openchrome Mesa driver I get:
via_ioctl.h:61: error: ?struct _ValidateNode? has no member named
?driver_private?

That's because _ValidateNode from libwsbm git doesn't have
?driver_private?. Could you publish some /secret/ version of libwsbm
you use (as I guess) locally, please?

--
Rafa? Mi?ecki