[Openchrome-devel] Kernel with KMS support might conflict with X.org keyboard driver

James Simmons jsimmons
Wed Sep 21 06:19:49 PDT 2011

> Hi, I think I might have found a bug with the KMS branch.

Hi! Thank you for trying the new code.

> I'm currently testing with these two configs:
> - Latest x.org-edgers kernel + KMS branch X.org driver

This is with the default Ubuntu kernel. Can you post your dmesg. Thank
you. Have you tried trunk with this setup as well. Did you see any
problems?

> - Latest git revision from James Simmons's tree for the kernel, and latest KMS revision X.org driver

Is this with KMS enabled? By default it is not enabled since support is
still lacking.

> With the latter configuration, I get roughly 1/3 of the times I boot the computer, no keyboard when X.org is running (I can use the keyboard in text mode).

Very strange bug. Possible memory over flow corrupting data. Do you
see this with the openchrome xorg driver trunk using the new kernel
driver? Can you post your dmesg and Xorg logs for me to look at. Thanks.