[Openchrome-devel] Kernel with KMS support might conflict with X.org keyboard driver

James Simmons jsimmons
Tue Sep 27 06:44:00 PDT 2011

> OK, I got some logs.

Sorry for the delay. that was a lot of log at look at.

> First, I must say that my chipset is a K8M800, which I forgot to tell.

Okay.

> Second, I found another strange bug, when using KMS kernel with KMS enabled, independently of using trunk or KMS branch of the DDX driver, I randomly get hang ups while
> activating ATA units, with which ctrl+alt+supr can not reboot the machine (and I can't remember the other key combination to use in that cases), so I must hard reboot, and I
> couldn't get logs from that cases.

I wonder if that is due to otehr kernel issues. I remember some time ago
the VIA disk controller was broken and it was corrupting my file system. I
updated my tree and the problem went away. Currently with 3.1-rcX the
wireless driver on my via laptop is broken which is why I wasn't in a
hurry to update the drm tree. I'm going to add some more TTM code soon to
the tree and I can update it to a newer kernel. This might fix your
problem.

> Well, I'll attach the logs I've been able to get.
> The names of the folders I've made inside the tar.gz means the kernel used, the ddx driver used, and when relevant, if KMS was enabled and if I got a fully working boot or if it
> failed.

Due to so many configurations lets do a few at a time. Currently the most
important goal is to make sure the default Ubuntu kernel works with trunk
and the kms_branch. From the logs it looks okay. Are you having the
keyboard lockups with kms_branch with the default Ubuntu kernel?