[Openchrome-users] EPIA SP 13000 and ubuntu

tony tony
Thu Nov 24 07:42:03 PST 2005

Le jeudi 24 novembre 2005 ? 01:26 +0100, Michele a ?crit :

> I tried with  kernel  2.6.12-3
> drm compiled ok
> but  drm not  correctly loaded (so xorg  logs said..)
> with xorg crash

kernel too old

> Tonight I formatted my epia  with debian (in perfect windows style ....
> )after having seen this:
> http://www.openchrome.org/snapshots/ubuntu/ (with compiled packages)
> and I installed ubuntu (my first time)

ubuntu 5.10?

> Is there a very simple way to configure this platform with ubuntu or
> other distribution ????
> a simple guide for dummies ?

The easiest way I know of is install FC4. Do yum update - wait all day
for it to finish... then install the FC4 rpms linked from the openchrome
site. The only tedious part is updating FC4 which has been around for
several months so there are many updates.

It sounds like you are playing DVDs am I correct?

Tony
--
Tony Grant
www.tgds.net - vente d'ordinateurs mini-itx en ligne