[Openchrome-users] EPIA SP 13000 and ubuntu

Ivor Hewitt ivor
Thu Nov 24 09:28:51 PST 2005

On Thursday 24 November 2005 00:26, Michele wrote:

> Tonight I formatted my epia  with debian (in perfect windows style ....
> )after having seen this:
> http://www.openchrome.org/snapshots/ubuntu/ (with compiled packages)
> and I installed ubuntu (my first time)
>
> I was hoping in a easy way to use this platform (EPIA SP) with ubuntu
> (CN 400 mpeg acceleration too)
> but after having installed the packages I tried glxgears and it was very
> very very slow ...  and with top I saw xorg taking 99% of CPU ...
> glxgears is so slow that it doesn't give back any fps after many seconds

Hi,
Currently the breezy debs only include the X and xvmc drivers, no 3d. I
haven't got around to creating updated GL debs yet.
You could build Mesa from source... and it will work. Alternatively wait for
either me or Micah to create new packages.

Ivor Hewitt.