[Openchrome-users] FreeBSD 5.4 Via Unichrome / CLE266 Xorg hardware mpeg decoding

Vincent The vincent
Sat Nov 26 14:26:17 PST 2005

Hello,

I hope I'm posting this to the right list, but after al the searching,
reading and trying of all kinds of different supposedly working
solutions I'm kind of lost.

The situation: I have a motherboard with the Via Unichrome Integrated
Graphics which should support hardware mpeg2 decoding, a feature I
really need on this box. I'm running FreeBSD 5.4 Release with xorg
6.8.2 from ports.

According to the openchrome website, the support for the CLE266 is
good, is there someone who can tell my how to get it working on
FreeBSD? For the record, I only need hw-mpeg-decoding in combination
with mplayer, so if there's a solution that doesn't need X at all it
would be even better.

Thanks in advance,

Vincent The