[Openchrome-users] Widescreen flat panels and CLE266

tony tony
Sun Apr 9 04:49:35 PDT 2006

Le dimanche 09 avril 2006 ? 12:31 +0100, John Robinson a ?crit :

> I've used those Acer screens. Fiddly. You need to set a suitable image,
> preferably one with a strong stipple on it, and just hit the Auto
> button, and it'll sample the signal to try and line itself up properly.
> It only manages it if there are lots and lots of sharp edges in the
> signal. Actually the default black-and-white background X has (or used
> to, I think my Red Hat build has it taken out) would be just the job...
> try just starting X on its own (e.g. `telinit 3; X`) to see if you get
> that pattern. Failing that, I've attached a tiny GIF which you could try
> setting (tiled) as your desktop background.

Thanks John

No joy with your image... It shrinks down to the correct size then moves
the screen off to the left. After that syncing stretches back to
oversize... Height is perfect just width is broken

I can still work and watching the BBC via DVB-S has taken on a whole new
meaning =:-D

Thanks again I'll try whipping up an image myself.

When you let the machine auto configure the screen it gives 1600x1200!
Not too shabby but text is broken down. All the auto configure modes are
not 16:10 so the image is stretched but the screens fit... Closest to
spec is 1440x1050.

Not too disappointed - the price is right, no dead pixels(!) and a big
jump from 15" and 1024x768. If the current financial situation hadn't
been so bleak I would have gone for a Samsung with TV tuner and all the
input ports under the sun. Second choice was a Packard Bell with two
analog inputs and a DVI.

Cheers
Tony