[Openchrome-users] Rotation with acceleration on CLE266

Thomas Hellström thomas
Thu Feb 2 07:42:03 PST 2006

Bilderbeek, Manuel wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>I'm still using the CLE266 in my VIA Epia CL. I'm recently experimenting
>with a portrait oriented display, so I'm using the Rotate option.
>However, I noticed that there was no acceleration with this option. Some
>questions about this:
>
>1) Is there no acceleration at all? Not even 2D? (This is what I think,
>as simple operations suddenlyh take a lot more CPU.)

Hi. Yes you're right. There is no support for 2D hardware rotation in
the CLE266 chip.
There is in the Unichrome Pro group A chips, but there's nothing in the
driver.
Also it might happen in the future with EXA since the 3D engine can do
HW rotation.

>2) When running 3D apps, I see that they are not rotated at all. Is that
>normal?

Yes. The 3D driver and Xv do not know of rotation.

>3) Are there any plans to support rotation in combination with hardware
>acceleration? Or should I just forget about this?

/Thomas