[Openchrome-users] old snapshots of unichrome driver ?

1 2 juglain
Thu Feb 2 08:25:08 PST 2006

>> Hello.
>>  I'm actually using your unichrome driver, and it sometimes crashes. X
>> freezes when some games try to use the DRI, and either I can shutdown my
>> computer by pressing the power button (which is managed by acpi, and then
>> all can stop cleanely), or I cannot do anything. The only way to avoid that
>> is not to load the dri module, or use the vesa driver. I read there
>> http://www.students.cs.uu.nl/people/wbeekhui/FujitsuSiemens-AmiloL7300.html
>> that maybe using an older driver could work. But where are the old
>> snapshots ??

>Hi, since any version of the code can now be retrieved using svn there's no
>need for the snapshots and I'll be removing them soon...

>If you have problems with X crashing or freezing then it would be preferable
>to work out what the problem is and resolve it.

Yes.
If the old version works, it could be a good start to debug the latest, don't you think ?
And I never debug any driver, and especially something that crashes my computer...
But you're all right, and it's a good way to learn. The problem is I have no much time for this..

Thanks.