[Openchrome-users] FC4 on P4M800 Pro Chipset

tony tony
Fri Feb 3 07:03:48 PST 2006

Hi,

I installed a small intranet server using an MSI P4M800 Pro based MB a
few weeks ago.

I was really bugged by the fact that the unichrome was only giving me
800x600 out. Being a server I can live without it but I had to know so
today I checked and in fact the xorg.conf installed by FC4 did not have
any modes other than 800x600 and 640x480! I edited in 1280x1024 and
bingo now the resolution switching widget in Gnome gives me a full
choice of video resolutions!

I have read a few posts on the subject so I thought this might help some
people. I am running 32 bit FC4 on the machine BTW

Cheers

Tony
--
Tony Grant