[Openchrome-users] Re: Re: No Display after installing Via Driver

John Robinson john.robinson
Mon Jan 9 03:34:38 PST 2006

On 09/01/2006 01:50, Wilson L. wrote:
> I omitted the DPMS and viewport from my xorg.conf and still having the
> display issue.  When it is loading X, the monitor blanks out and says
> "no signal" with an orange light.  I also tried toggling the resolution
> and the monitor displays no signal.

OK, the "no signal" and orange light means one or both of the hsync and
vsync signals is missing, and we've eliminated it being a DDC, mode or
power management problem.

Hmm.

Perhaps the driver is not correctly detecting that your monitor is
attached, whereas the console and VESA drivers wouldn't know anything
about alternate outputs. Please try adding
       Option      "ActiveDevice" "CRT"
to the device section for the video card, i.e. right under Driver "via".
That may help force the driver to generate output to the VGA connector
instead of the TV or panel connector. Also, what do you have set in your
BIOS? There's an option for this which you could try changing.

Cheers,

John.