[Openchrome-users] Re: Re: No Display after installing Via Driver

Wilson L. illson415
Mon Jan 9 07:16:38 PST 2006

>OK, the "no signal" and orange light means one or both of the hsync and
>vsync signals is missing, and we've eliminated it being a DDC, mode or
>power management problem.
>
>Hmm.
>
>Perhaps the driver is not correctly detecting that your monitor is
>attached, whereas the console and VESA drivers wouldn't know anything
>about alternate outputs. Please try adding
>        Option      "ActiveDevice" "CRT"
>to the device section for the video card, i.e. right under Driver "via".
>That may help force the driver to generate output to the VGA connector
>instead of the TV or panel connector. Also, what do you have set in your
>BIOS? There's an option for this which you could try changing.

Alright guys - so my bios settings was set to CRT+LCD.  I changed the
settings to CRT and everything is now working under the VIA drivers.  I hope
tihs doesnt affect this when i start setting up mythtv to output to my tv or
something?

Thanks for everybody's input and advice in this! I dep learned a lot from
this.  You guys ROCK!!!!!

Wilson Liu