[Openchrome-users] CLE266 framebuffer acceleration

Bilderbeek, Manuel manuel.bilderbeek
Thu Jan 26 02:39:53 PST 2006

Hello Unichrome people,

I'm using a VIA Epia CL with the CLE266 chipset. I got 2D acceleration
working under X11, but I'm also interested in 2D acceleration of the
framebuffer. (I'm not interested in accelerated MPEG decoding.)

I tried to use the viafb kernel module as supplied by VIA on viaarena,
but when I enable the acceleration (accel=1), I get a crashing kernel
(and a garbled display). Without the accel flag, it works, but it is
unaccelerated.

Did anyone of you ever got accelerated framebuffer working on the
CLE266? If so, please tell me how.

For the record: I'm using Debian unstable with kernel 2.6.15.

Thanks in advance for any reply.

--
Kind regards,

Manuel Bilderbeek

This message and attachment(s) are intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law.
If you are not the intended recipient or agent thereof responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone and with a "reply" message.
Thank you for your cooperation.