[Openchrome-users] TVout overscan adjustment on CN400?

Robin Gilks g8ecj
Wed Jul 5 01:47:46 PDT 2006

> On 05/07/06, Robin Gilks <g8ecj at gilks.org> wrote:
>> Greetings
>>
>> Having at last found an mpeg2 test card sequence to run under XvMC on my
>> sp13000, I'd like to tweak the modelines for TV out to reduce the
>> overscan
>> and centre the image. I got the test card  from
>> http://www.ee.vt.edu/~mythtv/mythtvstuff/
>>
>> At the moment I have no modelines at all as its my understanding that
>> the
>> TV out stuff is all hardcoded so I'm just using 720x576NoScale in 24bit
>> mode (I'm in PAL country). I don't mind (too much!!) hacking the source
>> change it iteratively but some guidelines on *what* to change would be
>> real handy :-)
>>
> Rob - what is the present issue - just asking as I have an offset
> screen on an SP13000 (widescreen pal).
>
> Greg

[re-ordered & trimmed]

No real issues - just wanting to fettle up the display so I can read the
Mythtv menus rather than quessing the first letter!

It wasn't really obvious that there is any problem without checking with
the test card. On another machine using VGA out - which fits the monitor
correctly of course - I can see what I'm missing. On a 25" TV I guess its
about 1" off centre and I loose about 1" all round (plus the offset).

If I ever get teletext working I'll like to be able to read all of that as
well...

--
Robin Gilks