[Openchrome-users] New card. How to test?

Xavier Bachelot xb_ml
Fri Jul 28 01:31:06 PDT 2006

Radu Cristescu wrote:
> Xavier Bachelot wrote:
>
>> Radu Cristescu wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have a very new VIA Unichrome card with PCI ID 1106:3157. The VIA
>>> guys say that the OpenChrome drivers should work with it and treat
>>> the chipset as a CN400.
>>
>> It will take a little more than adding the subsystem pci id has the
>> system pci id is not yet supported, and thus the card not probed at
>> all. Adding support for this new chipset might not be that difficult,
>> but it'll take a little more time ;-)
>>
> OK, so what should I do to get it probed? I may not have the card for
> too much longer as machine is supposed to be given back in the very near
> future and I'd like to know if the OpenChrome drivers actually work with
> it in the current form, or if they'll need further investigation.

Here is a monkey-work patch reproducing VM800 behaviour for the CX700.
This is not tested and could be plain wrong, but at least will give you
hints on where to search.

Ivor, if you got a little time to review the patch, it would be nice.