[Openchrome-users] So close... But I could use a hand....

Jake Thompson jake
Mon May 1 09:48:07 PDT 2006

Hi All,
First of all thankst to everyone for the Openchrome driver.  Keep it up.

I have posted bits and pieces, but here is the "full" story as it stands
here.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

First, I am using a VIA EPIA MII1000 board which uses the VT1622A  for TV
out.

Next, this is a MythTV setup and I have a WinTV-PVR-150.  Not that that is
important really.  MythTV from the latest ATRPMS build.

I have this connected to a TV (NTSC) via the S-Video port.  There is no
monitor connected to the mother board.

I am running FC5 with Xorg 7.0.0

Currently Using the latest from subversion of the openchrome driver.

Current Problems:
1. "Green" fade on the top 10-15% of the screen.  This is visible when X
starts up and not in colsole mode. Known as bug #33 I think
2. Jittery and streaky playback of MPG2 video.  Does not appear to be using
XvMC

XvMC Output from X:
(II) VIA(0): [XvMC] Registering viaXvMC.
(II) VIA(0): [XvMC] Initialized XvMC extension.
In myth it offers Standard XvMC and VIA XvMC, I have tried both and get the
same playback.

Here are my xorg settings:
Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "Monitor0"
        VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
        ModelName    "Analog NTSC Television"
        HorizSync    24.0 - 90.0
        VertRefresh  50.0 - 74.0
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Videocard0"
        Driver      "via"
        Option      "ActiveDevice"  "TV"
        Option      "TVType"        "NTSC"
        Option      "TVOutput"      "S-Video"
        Option       "EnableAGPDMA" "true"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier "Screen0"
        Device     "Videocard0"
        Monitor    "Monitor0"
        DefaultDepth     24
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth     24
                Modes     "720x480Noscale"
        EndSubSection
EndSection

Any suggestions on why the playback is not working well, and anything I can
do to help with the "geen" problem.  I can get a screenshot if needed.

Thanks,

Jake