[Openchrome-users] undefined symbol in mplayer patch

Warren Wilder wipwap19
Fri May 5 12:07:11 PDT 2006

Bill Goudie schreef:
>First, thanks very much to all you who have worked to make this stuff
>available. I'm successfully running Debian unstable with the openchrome
>xorg via driver, the libxvmc code, libdrm, and the drm code. Thanks!
>
>Oh yeah, and I'm using mplayer from CVS plus the patch found at
>http://www.openchrome.org/snapshots/mplayer/mplayer-uni-20060406.diff
><http://www.openchrome.org/snapshots/mplayer/mplayer-uni-20060406.diff>.
>But I did find that this patch uses an undefined symbol --
>MSGTR_MPCODECS_XVMCVLDAcceleratedMPEG2. After I added a #define and value
>for this everything compiled fine.

Pardon me asking, if this is overly obvious for the coders here, but how
did you do that?
As compiling fails in libmpcodecs/vb_ffmpeg.c, I am guessing that you
changed that file.
How exactly?

(yes, I don't know C)

Warren