[Openchrome-users] hello all

Terry Lewis terry
Fri May 5 13:46:58 PDT 2006

On Friday 05 May 2006 21:38, Boris Du?ek wrote:
> Hi Terry!
>
> On Friday 05 May 2006 21:52, Terry Lewis wrote:
> > Hi Ivor & Boris!
> >
> > I will post a patch once I start to get some life and appreciate any
> > testing with these patches you can do Boris ( and all with a chrontel
> > chip)
> >
> > :)
> >
> > Boris, do you have any messages reporting what cable has been detected
> > when plugged into a tv? And do you get a message with no cable?
>
> The message I posted was with no cable. I don't have the log information
> when plugged into a tv now, I will try to test it tomorrow. Just to be
> prepared for the test - do I need to setup my xorg.conf to include TV
> monitor section (I don't have one), or the necessary info will be logged
> into Xorg.0.log anyway?
>
> Regards,
> Boris Dusek
> Main page:
> http://www.openchrome.org
> Wiki:
> http://wiki.openchrome.org
> User Forum:
> http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-view_forum.php?forumId=1

Not sure if anything has changed but I recall just setting ActiveDevice to TV
on my laptop, it reverts to DFP when not connected. It was enough for me to
test at the time. I will probably set up a TV section myself, so it maybe
worth doing the same yourself.

Ivor, is setting ActiveDevice to TV still enough to get some sort of response?
I'm still playing catch up.
Terry Lewis