[Openchrome-users] SP 13000 able to output HD or not?

Chad masterclc
Fri Nov 24 18:35:05 PST 2006

On 11/24/06, Flipsen1977 <userforum at openchrome.org> wrote:
> Re: SP 13000 able to output HD or not?
> > I have been reading up on and experimenting with the EPIA SP 13000 motherboard and it's onboard CN400 video system. I have an HD capable tube TV that says it can do 1080i and has a DVI input, as well as component vid inputs and S-Video.
> >
> > I have an Air2PC card in another machine and have captured some HD content. (I grabbed the tonight show the other night to test with.)
> >
> > At this point in time I have my SP 13000 box connected to the TV with an S-Video cable. Using Xine -V xxmc I can playback the HD content just fine, no problems with audio or video. (Xine is downscaling the video when I put Xine in fullscreen mode.)
> >
> > I've heard, and obviously observed, that the SP 13000 can decode HD streams with very little CPU load. I've also read that my little SP 13000 can only go as high as 1024 x  1024 output due to the TV encoder (1623?).
> >
> > My intention is to buy the DVI-02 daughtercard from mini-box.com and connect my SP 13000 to the DVI-I port on the back of my TV.
> >
> > So what's the truth? Can I both decode and display HD content with my SP 13000 and the proper parts?
> >
> > ...Kevin

Kevin,
Not sure what your question is.  You have apparently ensured that HDTV
playback works, what else are you asking?  If it will work over DVI as
well?  Yes.

> Hi Kevin,
>
> I'm using a SP8000 (nearly same as yours, just 800 MHz and without fan) but so far I couldn't manage to replay any HD-content, because of mplayer won't use XvMC. I've installed the DVI-daughterboard, but couldn't use it because of a missing jack. On the board itself are just some pins you can't directly use to connect any DVI-jack. Do you know where to get a proper DVI-cable to connect to the DVI-02?

When I purchased my daughter card from a reputable dealer
(logicsupply.com) I received the header cable with the daughterboard.
But, I did have to machine one of my PCI blanks to hold the DVI cable
to make it easily accessible.

> Yves
>
> ----

-Chad

--
Prebuilt HDTV capable systems at reasonable prices:
http://www.pauselivetv.com