[Openchrome-users] 3d drivers and texture support

lfreitas34 userforum
Thu Apr 12 11:15:54 PDT 2007

Re: 3d drivers and texture support
Jon,

   My chipset shows as K8M800 on lspci, the video adapter shows as:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. S3 Unichrome Pro VGA Adapter (rev 01)

   So it shoud be "Unichrome Pro". I have read on the net on some postings that these chips are based on a S3 Savage chipset, may be true or not. But I expect that they are all very alike, except for some features available or not on the different revisions.

   To get started I would need some kind of manual with reference implementation for this DRI, this could be VIA or some other vendor (Perhaps for the Savage chipset, or any other that works in a similar way), as I am not very familiar with the 3D dri interfaces.

    Also would need to confirm what 3D dri features are available on the different VIA chipsets, so that I can modify the driver to enable them accordingly. And maybe change some lookups for the internal codes, as they seem to be coded in the driver and may be incorrect.

    Assuming you cannot send me a copy of the datasheets/manuals due to the NDA, when I get to this point I could make a list and you could send me back the relevant information.

Best Regards,
Luis Freitas