[Openchrome-users] patching mplayer with xvmc patch

Timothy Lee timothy.lee
Sat Jul 28 23:22:35 PDT 2007

Xavier Bachelot wrote:
>> - do i need to patch mplayer to use hw acceleration?
>>
> Yes, Ivor's patch was never accepted upstream, I don't know exactly why,
> so you do need to patch it to make use of the hardware acceleration.

I think one of the reason is that his patch breaks mplayer for non-VLD
accelerated drivers.  What I've attempted to do is provide support for
both VLD and non-VLD accelerated XvMC drivers.
> Shameless plug, could you please try to push your patch in upstream
> mplayer, Timothy ? This'll solve once and for all the patching trouble
> to everyone.

That's what I have in mind, and I've sent this patch to Ivor to review,
but I haven't received any feedback from him.  I'm hoping that with
sufficient testing from openchrome users, the patch is mature enough for
submission to the mplayer developers.

Regards,
Timothy