[Openchrome-users] Question about new CX700M2

Bert Haverkamp bert
Sat Jun 2 13:24:50 PDT 2007

2007/6/2, Christiaan van Dijk <dvbmail at xs4all.nl>:

> R. G. Newbury wrote:
> > Christiaan van Dijk wrote:
> <snip>
> >
> > I hope that one of the Myth developers see this thread! Since if your
> > proposition is correct, a lot of problems could disappear with the patch.
> >
> > It explains a lot too.
> >

> > Geoff
> >

> I've also posted the patch on mythtv-dev. I'm still not sure if I should
> also call this an Openchrome bug. I would prefer the function to return
> the right values or to give an error as result; not to say all is OK and
> just returns zero's which are not valid!
>
> If other people are having this problem it would be great to get some
> more feedback on the issue.
>
> Regds,
> Christiaan.

I haven't been able to test the patch. We have guests over till
monday, so I am doing touristy things these days. So no verdict yet
from this side

. On the mythtv patch: since xine and mplayer are able to play fine,
there must be a more intelligent way to get the refreshrate.  Mythttv
just does it the rough way and this patch makes it a bit better. The
right way is for some one to dig into xine and get the correct method
ported to mythtv. Or for someone to factor out the playback engine in
mythtv and replace it by libxine. Why reinvent the wheel twice,  no?
You keep having to maintain two tubes.. Seems like the mythtv guys are
doing that a lot these days.

Regards,

Bert

> Main page: