[Openchrome-users] Should it build on BSD?

mrdubya userforum
Sun Oct 14 15:41:58 PDT 2007

Re: Should it build on BSD?
> On 10/12/07, mrdubya  wrote:
> > Should it build on BSD?
> > Hi,
> >
> > For a happy afternoon I tried building the unichrome driver under OpenBSD 4.1.  AFAIK OBSD 4.1 has Xorg 6.9 so I tried building outside the build tree.  Once I fixed the svnversion.h issue the build failed with a bunch xf86... function and typedef redefinition errors.
> >
> > A quick trawl through the forum seemed to indicate that it may be better to try the openchrome code - so I did, but it failed with an autoreconf error. Looks like some packages missing which may be assumed on Linux systems.  Its a long shot anyway since I havae Xorg 6.9.
> >
> > So, should the driver build on OpenBSD? Anyone done/managed it?
> >

> I don't run BSD myself.  With the version of Xorg you are using you
> might want to try the pre 1.3 tagged version.
>
> http://svn.openchrome.org/svn/tags/xorg_pre_1.3_support
>
> If that doesn't work tar up your configure logs and make errors and I
> will see what I can do.

Ok, some spelunking would seem to indicate the missing packages (xorg-server xproto xvmc fontsproto libdrm) are from a modular Xorg server. A check on the OBSD ports shows the packages are missing, so I guess this ain't the way to go with OBSD4.1 even if the docs imply it is X.org 6.9/7.0. (FTR OBSD4.2 will include X.org 7.2 which looks like it has the required packages).

So, back to Unichrome and its build failure.  Attached is the compile log.  I found an old post for a similar problem which suggested backing out changeset 335, but this didn't work for me.

HTH

MW

----

Reply Link: <http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=1&comments_reply_threadId=4095&comments_parentId=4093&post_reply=1#form>