[Openchrome-users] Black screen and K8M890

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Thu Aug 28 15:31:12 PDT 2008

Jean-Fran?ois Rameau wrote:
>>From dmi, I get these informations:
>
> System Information
> 	Manufacturer: IBM CORPORATION
> 	Product Name: 4838310
> 	Version: 4838310
> 	Serial Number: 41AB143
> 	UUID: A03A0D9B-4D5A-DD11-80DD-001A649305CB
> 	Wake-up Type: Power Switch
> 	SKU Number:
> 	Family: AnyPlace Kiosk
> Base Board Information
> 	Manufacturer: IBM CORPORATION
> 	Product Name: CN896-8251
> 	Version: 1.0
> 	Serial Number: 41AB143
> Processor Information
> 	Socket Designation: EBGA
> 	Type: Central Processor
> 	Family: Other
> 	Manufacturer: VIA
> 	ID: D0 06 00 00 FF BB C9 A7
> 	Version: VIA C7-D
> 	Voltage: 3.3 V
> 	External Clock: 200 MHz
> 	Max Speed: 2000 MHz
> 	Current Speed: 2000 MHz
> 	Upgrade: None
> 	L1 Cache Handle: 0x0008
> 	L2 Cache Handle: 0x0009
> 	L3 Cache Handle: Not Provided
> 	Serial Number:
> 	Asset Tag:
> 	Part Number:
> 	Core Count: 1
> 	Characteristics: None
>
> Is it enough to path the card id for this board ?
>
> And it is kind of laptop, a kiosk AnyPlace from IBM, models 3xx and
> 7xx (see http://www-03.ibm.com/products/retail/products/self/anyplace/index.html)
> so I'll try "ForcePanel" option.

You don't need the ForcePanel option anymore with latest trunk, although
you possibly need Option "ActiveDevice" "LCD".

As a side note, I've updated the Fedora 8, 9 and 10 packages. EL-5 will
follow in a couple of weeks.

If you have some time to test, Fedora 10 has some experimental patches
that could help with the various panel issues.