[Openchrome-users] MPlayer: "vo_xvmc: No X-Video MotionCompensation Extension on :0.0"

Claudio Leonel cls
Fri Feb 1 08:57:26 PST 2008

Hi,

I am trying to configure MPlayer with XvMC on a thin-client:

My setup:

- Kernel 2.6.22.6 (x86)
- Xorg 7.1.0
- xf86-video-openchrome-0.2.901.tar.gz
- MPlayer 1.0rc2
- MPlayer patch from:
http://wiki.openchrome.org/pipermail/openchrome-users/2007-October/003649.html
- MPlayer configured with:
   --enable-xvmc --with-xvmclib=XvMCW
- Xorg log:
   Chipset: "CX700/VX700"

When I try:
   mplayer -vo xvmc -vc ffmpeg12mc, <video.mpeg>

I got the error:
   vo_xvmc: X-Video extension 2.2
   vo_xvmc: No X-Video MotionCompensation Extension on :0.0

I can play and scale the video with:
   mplayer -vo xv <video.mpeg>
But I am not using the hardware MPEG acceleration in this case.

Do I need to configure anything else with MPlayer or
openchrome has no support yet for MPEG2 for this chip (CX700) ?
(http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=HardwareCaveats)

Best regards,
Claudio