[Openchrome-users] FC8

Tony Grant tony
Sun Jan 13 02:15:21 PST 2008

Hello all,

There was a mesa update this morning in the FC8 updates. This got
glxgears back over 300FPS and Google Earth is working again sort of
(limited to a square about 800 pixels wide and high).

So in FC6 with Xaviers rpms xine was using 15-20% CPU (my earlier 7-10%
CPU reports were with a 1024x768 screen I guess that 1440x900 would
justify higher CPU usage?). VDR is 1.5.1 and vdr-xine 0.8

FC8 clean install, openchrome driver from Fedora updates, Xine built
from 1.2 hg source CPU is between 24% (lowest I've seen in top) to 34%
(when moving a window).

Something common to both is since upgrading to xine 1.2 lockups occur
when moving windows and when trying to use the right click configuration
dialog.

Should I try the latest DRI compiled from source?

Do I have the right libraries installed?
/usr/lib/dri/unichrome_dri.so
/usr/local/lib/xine/plugins/1.1.8/vidix/unichrome_vid.so

xine is xine-lib-cvs-24-10-2007

Am I missing something essential?

Cheers

Tony