[Openchrome-users] FC8

Ondrej Wisniewski ondrej.wisniewski
Thu Jan 31 04:57:33 PST 2008

Tony Grant wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> There was a mesa update this morning in the FC8 updates. This got
> glxgears back over 300FPS and Google Earth is working again sort of
> (limited to a square about 800 pixels wide and high).

Hi Tony,

we met over there on the VDR mailing list, so you might already know
that I have an EPIA-M10000 too.

I noticed the same annoying feature with Google Earth (limited to a
square). The square seems to be at a fixed position, so even if I move
around the window, the square where the earth is drawn doesn't move.
Additionally, moving the window will lock up everything eventually.

Is there a good explanation for this? Can this be fixed in some way or
do we have to wait for a new Mesa update?
I am running Kubuntu 7.10 with the latest OpenChrome driver compiled
from source.

Is the EXA acceleration working for you?

Ondrej ...