[Openchrome-users] Acer AL2423W monitor at 1920x1200

Ondrej Wisniewski ondrej.wisniewski
Wed Jan 16 02:36:19 PST 2008

I had a similar issue with the CLE266 chip on a 20'' Samsung monitor
(1680x1050). And the fix for this was indeed a proper modeline !! But
don't be scared, you can use the command line tool "cvt"
(http://www.uruk.org/~erich/projects/cvt/) which will calculate the
modeline for you. You just need to provide the desired resolution and
refresh rate. This tool is usually installed along with the X.org server.

Note: if you use "Reduced Blanking" timings as used on LCD panels, you
need to set the option "AllowReducedBlanking True" in the display
section (?)  (IIRC) of your xorg.conf, otherwise the mode might be rejected.

Ondrej